The MBA has partnered with the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan to raise awareness to help everyone in Michigan get healthier from the inside out. This means everything from giving you resources to help you make better decisions about diet and exercise, as well as information on creating and sustaining nurturing communities and successful businesses — everything you need to help create a healthier Michigan
About Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, a nonprofit mutual insurance company, provides and administers health benefits to more than 4.5 million members residing in Michigan in addition to employees of Michigan-headquartered companies who reside outside the state. Through volunteer efforts, corporate giving, relationship building, community partnerships and sponsored events, Blue Cross invests in the communities it serves, and is dedicated to building a healthier Michigan. For more information, visit bcbsm.com and MiBluesPerspectives.com.
Blog of the week:
Michigan March Bucket List: 10 Ideas to Usher in a New Season
Can you feel it? Spring is in the air and we’re ready!
March is a great month to get outside, prep for warmer weather and ditch the winter comfort food in favor of lighter fare, heavy on the fruits and veggies. Read on for ideas about where to go in Michigan this month and during spring break and how to freshen up your home and yard in healthy ways!
1. Ready for spring break? If you’re staying close to home, check out these Michigan destinations and plan your trip.
2. March is National Nutrition Month. Get your eating on track by tuning in to our monthly live Facebook chat with registered dietitian Grace Derocha, which takes place at noon on Wednesday, March 14. Ask your questions in the comments!
3. Are you a fan of funny? Get yourself to Grand Rapids for LaughFest, a celebration of good humor featuring high-profile comedians and events for the entire family to benefit Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids.
4. Sleep in for once in celebration of National Sleep Awareness Week, which takes place March 11-17. If it’s been awhile since you’ve had a good night’s sleep, check out these tips.
5. Feeling the urge to spring clean? Ditch toxic chemicals and learn how to make your own cleaning supplies.
6. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with these healthier alternative recipes for Irish beef stew, soda bread, unstuffed cabbage soup and shepherd’s pie.
7. In Michigan, we spring forward by one hour on Sunday, March 11. Make sure you’re ready for the transition.
8. Ready to get outside after a long winter? Our hiking guide shows you where to go, what to pack and how to stay safe. Share your favorite Michigan hiking trails in the comments!
9. Fresh fruits and veggies will soon be available at your local farmers market. Until then, make these tasty smoothies filled with good-for-you produce to crush your cravings.
10. Love working in your yard or garden? Incorporate some of these eco-friendly ideas into your plans for the upcoming season. Or, get started on a patio salad garden or using your vertical space to add some green this year.
Photo credit: Francesco Veronesi
For more information visit